Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

As noted with the other federal agencies that my staff and I work with, many people call the District Office with concerns regarding the Internal Revenue Service. Below are a list of common questions asked about the IRS that may help you better understand how I can assist you. 

Where can I get IRS forms?

You can download IRS forms online, order by phone at 1-800-829-3676, (for the hearing impaired: 1-800-829-4059, or order by fax at (703) 368-9694.  There were many changes to 2013 forms.  A summary of these can be found here. There are also many reputable tax service providers that provide free online e-filing for simple returns.

I have some questions about my taxes.  Where can I go for answers?

Please look for an answer on the IRS Frequently Asked Questions page or call the IRS 24-hour taxpayer hotline at 1-800-829-1040.

I'm on a fixed income and can't afford to hire someone to do my taxes. I'm worried I'm going to make mistakes if I do it myself.  Where can I go for help?

If you need help with filing your taxes or tracking down a lost tax return or delayed claim, you may be eligible to participate in a tax assistance program near you:

AARP Tax-Aide Program Tax-Aide is a seasonal program available each year from February 1 through April 15 offering assistance preparing tax returns to people of mid- and low-income taxpayers of any age, with special attention to those aged 60 and older.

Call for hours and locations of events in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Cave Creek, Carefree, and Fountain Hills. (888) 227-7669

VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)  The VITA Program offers free tax help to low-income people (under $52,000) who need help preparing tax returns.

Call for hours and locations of events in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Cave Creek, Carefree, and Fountain Hills. (602) 263-8856

Veterans Tax Clinic The Tax Clinic assists veterans with preparation of personal income tax and small-estate planning by VITA trained and certified students.

Phoenix School of Law, 4041 N. Central, Building “B” suite 100
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 8 pm and Saturdays, 9 am to Noon
Phone: (602) 464-7830 

Other programs  Visit to find resources near you.  For an FAQ visit

Who can I talk to about problems like liens, back taxes, penalties, etc.?

The Taxpayer Advocate 24-Hour Toll-Free Hotline is: 1-877-777-4778.

You can read more information about the Taxpayer Advocate Service and the IRS online.

If you have any specific concerns or would like assistance with an appeal or claim, please contact my District Office staff at (480) 946-2411 or complete and send an Privacy Release Form with a brief summary of your concerns and any supporting documentation through fax or mail.