Skip to Main



I lost my Medicare card. How do I get a new one?

If you lose your card, contact your local Social Security Administration office at 1-800-Medicare or visit the Medicare website immediately to get a new one.

Please protect your Medicare card just as you would a credit card. Your Medicare card in the wrong hands can be used to submit fraudulent claims.

I recently moved to another state. How do I update my address with Medicare?

To protect you and to ensure a timely receipt of your benefits, please alert the Social Security Administration office of your address change. The number for the Social Security Administration is 1-800-772-1213.

Does Medicare Part B pay for prescription drugs?

Currently, Medicare does not include a prescription drug benefit.

If coverage guidelines are met, Medicare allows payment for some immunosuppressive, oral, anti-emetic and nebulizer drugs. The Benefits Improvement and Protection Act of 2000 requires Medicare suppliers to accept assignment on Medicare-covered drugs.

Although I am able to walk, I have a difficult time walking long distances. Would Medicare allow payment for a wheelchair or Power Operated Vehicle (POV)?

Medicare wheelchair and POV coverage guidelines indicate that in order to allow payment for a wheelchair, a person with Medicare must be bed or chair-confined without the use of a wheelchair.

To be eligible, all of the following criteria must be met:

You require a wheelchair to maneuver in your home;
You cannot operate a manual wheelchair;
You can safely operate the controls of a POV;
You can transfer safely to and from a POV and have adequate trunk stability to safely ride in a POV.

You will need a prescription from your physician prior to purchasing the POV, and the physician and supplier must complete a Certificate of Medical Necessity (CMN).

For futher information on your Medicare plan, please see the most up-to-date version of the Medicare & You 2022 Handbook you may also download or call 1-800-Medicare to request a copy be mailed to you.

If you would like my help with a Medicare issue, please print out my Privacy Release Form and fax or mail it to my office with a brief summary and any supporting documentation. If you have any questions, feel free to call my District Office at (480) 946-2411.