Skip to Main

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

As the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) works to return to their normal operational capacity, taxpayers are experiencing some difficulty in finding answers to their questions.  The IRS website is full of useful information and resources to assist taxpayers in addressing concerns.  However, if you, or someone you know, is experiencing continued delays in obtaining solutions to your tax questions, contact my District Office at (480) 946-2411 to speak with a district caseworker

Below are some of the most common questions my office receives.

Where can I get IRS forms?

  • You can download IRS forms online, order by phone at 1-800-829-3676, (for the hearing impaired: 1-800-829-4059, or order by fax at (703) 368-9694. There are also many reputable tax service providers that provide free online e-filing for simple returns.

I have some questions about my taxes.  Where can I go for answers?

I need some help filing my taxes, where can I go?

  • The IRS has several resources to help individuals file their taxes on their own, find a tax preparer, or find a volunteer to assist them.
    • The IRS Free File Tool is available to those under the income threshold, and guides taxpayers through the process.
    • Tips for finding certified tax preparers can be found on the IRS’ website here.
    • Volunteer assistance is available to those who qualify, more information about the criteria can be found here.

How can I check the status of my refund?

  • The status of a pending return can be checking using the “Where’s My Refund?” tool online.  Please be advised, the IRS is experiencing significant delays in processing tax returns that were filed through the mail.


I’m on a fixed income and can’t afford to hire someone to do my taxes. I’m worried I’m going to make mistakes if I do it myself.  Where can I go for help?

Who can I talk to about problems like liens, back taxes, penalties, etc.?

The Taxpayer Advocate 24-Hour Toll-Free Hotline is: 1-877-777-4778. You can read more information about the Taxpayer Advocate Service and the IRS online.

Planning ahead for 2023?  Visit the IRS’s website for help and tips for taxpayers and tax professionals!

If you have any specific tax concerns or would like further assistance with an appeal or claim, please contact my District Office staff at (480) 946-2411.