A Message from Congressman Schweikert:
We hope everyone and their family is continuing to stay healthy and well. As a parent, I understand the challenges the COVID-19 pandemic has placed on parents with children staying home from school each day. It is critical that we work together to find solutions that keep children, educators, and key stakeholders safe while providing students with the education they deserve. Our office has collected resources from all of our school districts in AZ-06 to keep you updated on information.
Last Updated: 8/7/2020
You can use this link to access all of Arizona's public school district's websites and information.
- Cases: a two-week decline in weekly average cases or two weeks below 100 cases per 100,000 population
- Diagnotic test percent positivity: two weeks with positivity below 7%
- COVID-19-Like-Illness Syndromic Surveillance: two weeks less than 10% of hospital visits due to COVID-like illness.
Arizona's 6th District School Updates:
- Scottsdale Unified School District
- The SUSD campuses opened for Full Time on Campus learning on September 8, 2020
- There are two options for parents: Return to Full Time on Campus or Full Time Online.
- More information about the options can be found here.
- Paradise Valley Unified School District
As of October 22, our district's seven-day average for testing positivity is 4.37 percent and for daily cases is 50.17 per 100,000 population, putting us in the "Yellow Light" for in-person learning, according to our amended criteria. A “Yellow Light” signals caution for a possible return to online learning
All students will be enrolled in PVConnect. Families can also opt out and enroll their child in PVOnline.
Information about PVConnect, PVOnline, and school reopening can be found here.
- To understand the PV Schools "Traffic Signal" descriptions, click here.
- Cave Creek Unified School District
- School will begin on the regular date of August 5th but will be online through Septembe 8th.
- On September 8th, students can choose Option 1 which will transition from distance to in-person, or Option 2 which will enroll the student into the Cave Creek Academy of Excellence online school.
- The Cave Creek Governing Board voted to move forward with re-opening schools beginning September 8th in their district while abiding by CDC recommendations.
- Updates and FAQ’s can be found here.
- Fountain Hills Unified School District
- We will be closing the high school for the next 14 days due to a COVID related issue on campus. Due to the number of students who have been in direct contact with a person who has tested positive, we feel this decision is in the best interest of our students.
- All students must quarantine for the next 14 days. All extra curricular activities are also canceled for the next 14 days.
- Remote instruction will begin October 28, 2020.
- More information can be found here.
- Glendale Union High School District
- The overall risk level is “Moderate” at a positivity rate of 5.42% (yellow) and the recommended learning scenario is “hybrid with onsite support.” Students will continue with the hybrid learning model
- The weekly schedule and more information can be found here
- Deer Valley Unified School District
- All DVUSD Schools are open for in-person learning at all grade-levels.
- Deer Valley Online Academy provides online school for families that prefer that option.
- DVUSD Return to School "On Campus" Operational Safety Plan can be found here.
- Washington Elementary School District
- Tuesday, October 27 through Friday, October 30 will be early release days for all students – hybrid and online distance learning – for virtual Parent/Teacher Conferences. Schools will follow their Wednesday early release schedules on these dates. You will meet with your child’s first quarter teacher to review his or her progress in the first nine weeks of the school year. If you have questions about conferences or report cards, please contact your child’s teacher or your child’s school.
- More information here.