Direct Payments

A Message from Congressman Schweikert

NEW: Under the American Rescue Plan Act, individuals making up to $75,000 and married couples making up to $150,000 will be eligible to receive a $1,400 Economic Impact Payment (EIP). Parents will also receive a $1,400 Economic Impact Payment per child or dependent.

For more information on the third round of Economic Impact Payments, please visit

The CARES Act, legislation recently signed into law created a program for direct-payments for individuals, with a valid Social Security number, who earn $75,000 (married couples $150,000) will receive a $1,200 check or direct deposit (married couples $2,400) to help during the COVID-19 outbreak. 

The IRS will no longer be accepting any new requests for stand-alone Economic Impact Payment (EIP) Assistance. The IRS begins its transition for the 2021 filing season in December, and as a result, it has determined they can no longer process a 2019 tax return that will result in the issuance of an EIP (if eligible) before the December 31 statutory deadline. Taxpayers will be able to claim/reconcile this on either 2020 Forms 1040 or Forms 1040-SR, and receive the full amount of the Economic Impact Payment in calendar year 2021. Please feel welcome to contact our Scottsdale office with any questions regarding this. 

If  you are a Social Security Recipient, you do not need to file any taxes to receive this check. If you have not yet recieved your direct payment, please call our Scottsdale office at (480) 946-2411.

The IRS has information and helpful resources on their website, which you can access here:  

  • You can check the IRS website for updates, or if you have a questions about Economic Impact Payments (EIP), you may now contact the IRS at 800-919-9835. 

  • The deadline to submit Direct Deposit information has passed. Any individuals who have missed the May 13, 2020 deadline to add their Direct Deposit deadline, will be sent a prepaid debit card in the mail.  

  • To track the status of your Economic Impact Payment, you can use the Get My Payment tool

Resources from the Social Security Administration: 

Frequently Asked Questions and Answers