Passport Service

Before visiting a foreign country, you should ensure that all your travel concerns are addressed. Here are a few of the most common questions my office receives that deal with passports:


How do I apply for a U.S. Passport?

If you are applying for a Passport for the first time, you will need to apply in person at a designated Passport Acceptance Office. A list of the necessary documents and other detailed information can be found here.

You can find the closest Passport Acceptance Office by using using the search on this U.S. Department of State Search Engine.

How can I renew my existing passport?

If you already have a passport that is not damaged, was issued in the past 15 years, was received after your 16th birthday, and has your same name, you can apply for a passport renewal by mail.

For more information on renewing your passport, visit the Passport Renewal Page at the U.S. Consular Affairs Web Site.

I can't wait for the normal six week processing time for my application. Can I request an expedite?

Yes. For an additional fee, you can request expedited processing which normally takes two weeks.

For more information on expediting processing, visit the Expedited Service Page at the U.S. Consular Affairs Web Site.

If you would like my help with passport issue, please print out my Privacy Release Form and fax or mail it to my office.